Lots of people tout the benefits of offering free webinars. They say you can make a lot of money with them. But they never tell you how to do it.
Good news – you’re about to discover five good ways to make money with a free webinar. Check it out…
1. Build Your List
Everyone who “registers” for your webinar is actually joining your list. And that means you can follow up with them in the days leading up to the webinar, as well as after the webinar is over.
In fact, you can even automate this process by creating a five-part autoresponder series that is an extension of the webinar.
For example, if the webinar shared five tips for making the most of social media traffic, then you might create an autoresponder series with five more tips. Every email would include one tip plus a promotion for the product that you promoted inside the webinar.
Another example: if the webinar showed people how to install a WordPress blog, then your autoresponder series might cover the next step, which is to start creating good content for the blog. Both the webinar and the emails could promote a product that shows people how to monetize a blog.
2. Promote Offers During The Webinar
This is a big one. Truth is, your entire webinar should be created around promoting a product.
That doesn’t mean your webinar is one big advertisement. Not at all. Instead, what it means is that your webinar should be useful yet incomplete, so that it naturally leads people to purchasing a paid product.
For example, let’s suppose you cater to the weight loss market. Here are two examples of how a webinar could revolve around a product:
- The webinar showcases 10 tips for fast weight loss, and then points to a weight loss guide at the end.
- The webinar focuses on how to do kettlebell exercises to lose weight, and then promotes a set of kettlebells at the end.
3. Sell Something On The Registration Page
Once a prospect completes their registration, then you can show them a page to confirm their registration and remind them of the details. This confirmation page can also promote a related product. In fact, you might even refer to this product as a “prerequisite” for attending the webinar.
E.G., “Get up to speed before the webinar by watching this conversion-optimization video! Click here to get started….”
4. Promote On the Replay Page
The people who attended the webinar may want to watch it again at some point. Directly after the webinar, you can send participants the link to the replay page.
This page should also include a promotion for a related product (preferably the product you mentioned inside the webinar itself). Just drop a link and call to action below the webinar so that viewers don’t have to type it into their browsers themselves.
5. Offer the Recordings
There are several ways to use the recordings, including:
- Offer the webinar replay as a lead magnet, which lets you further grow your list.
- Offer the webinar recordings as a bonus to another product, which helps boost conversions.
- Use the recording to stock a membership site. This could be a vault membership site, or you could offer the recordings as a “graduation bonus” to those who complete a fixed-term membership site.
- Offer the recordings as a special gift to customers.
- Ask your marketing partners to offer the recordings directly to their prospects and customers.
And again, you’ll have links inside the webinar, which give you the opportunity to generate sales and cash on the backend.
So there you have it – five good ways to turn a free webinar into cash in the bank.