ShareTweetDomain flipping is growing in popularity among Internet marketers. This practice revolves around buying […]
What’s Stopping You From Making Money Online?
Last night I read a teen blogger’s email newsletter speaking about his personal encounter with an internet marketer wannabe. This frustrated online marketer visited his house to seek help about internet marketing and making money online. The successful kid blogger was in school during the visit so the guy was entertained by his father instead.
Here’s the most interesting but shocking part of the kid bloggers’ story. This guy apparently has joined over 20+ PAID programs and didn’t even got a single penny! He even knows many of the prominent internet marketers.
The teen’s father is an experienced marketer so he knew just the right questions to ask the guy, “What’s stopping you from making money online?“. And here comes the desperate answer that many of us might identify with, “I’ve got no more programs to join, I’ve tried everything and it didn’t work“.
Desperate and stupid. I thought I was the only guy being stupid. Notice the phrase “I’ve got no more programs to join”. Is he looking for more trouble? And then the kid’s father asked, “Do you have a website?”. The reply came with a big NO.
Unbelievable! I wonder what kind of paid money making programs those 20+ he had joined.
Well, I don’t know the whole background of the story so it would be very unfair to draw unfounded conclusions and call the guy dumb and stupid. Maybe he’s just another victim of unscrupulous marketers’ manipulation or just got caught on untoward circumstances.
So what‘s failing you from making money online?
Let me share some lessons learned from my own stupid experience.
1. Lack of proper knowledge and skills – let’s accept it, starting an online business requires at least a basic knowledge on computer operations, basic writing skills, and a little of marketing know-how.
2. Being a “Junkie” – that’s what local MLM uplines call for people who jump from one opportunity to another without ever accomplishing something from the current program they’re in.
3. Joining the wrong bandwagon – you may have joined programs which are simply or blatantly time consuming. What more if it’s a paid membership.
4. Looking for easy and fast money – You think that by joining “get rich quick” programs you can earn cash easily and immediately but often you find yourself losing a much more valuable thing – which is time.
5. Relying mostly on referral type programs – A common example for this are Yuwie, get paid to (paid-to-click, paid-to-read) and even affiliate programs wherein you earn money mostly by referring people to join.
6. No focus – easily distracted by new opportunity launches and easily seduced by seemingly more promising business opportunities. Admittedly, if you have read my early posts in this blog you will probably notice this trait in me.
7. Very early expectations – you think that when you start an online business today we can immediately earning big bucks next month.
8. Not enough action – you may take action on the early stages but afterwards you give up immediately when you seem not to realize any immediate results. But it could be that success was just around the bend but we lack diligent work and patience.
9. Easily lured by hypes and promises – Blame it to those crafty marketers who always bombard you with tons of hypes but broken promises.
10. Lack of proper planning and self-discipline – it’s too way easy to get sidetracked and distracted by lot of things we read and see on the net.
11. Being financially troubled and broke – It’s hard to kept yourself calm and be able to execute your plans wisely when you’re financially troubled. It’s even harder to plan when you’re worried about bills and debts you have to pay. It occurred to me that when you’re broke you tend to become dumb and stupid.
With hundreds of make money schemes and “how to make money online” programs on the internet it would be very easy to be swept away and end up wasting your time and not able to make money online. Worse comes to worst you may end up spending your hard earned money for some crappy programs.
It really needs proper planning, discipline, and effort if you’re really serious in establishing an online business that can bring a decent income and bring healthy food to the table.
I am passing on to you the kid blogger’s question to me. What’s stopping you from making money online?
Update June 10 2009: I was just trying to kiss an ass. In this case the kid blogger’s. I never got the attention though.
Sigh… See how unguided beginners like me try to make money online? It sucks.
Yet, all the time, I see so many beginners trying to teach other beginners and they pretend to know what they don’t know.
I really cringe evrytime I remember how I started. Now I understand why real money makers get angry with blogging beginners who try to teach but in essence mislead the other fellow.