It was six months ago when I started venturing into the online money making business world. I went into a frenzy of joining every paid-to-click (PTC) and paid-to-read email (PTR) sites. I was almost sure that I can make much needed money with these get-paid-to (GPT) sites but after some time (as my dumbness didn’t prevail) it turned out that it has more disadvantages than the benefits you may get.
Setting aside all the hypes and lies, it is true that these free money making schemes are:
- Easy to use. Even a 5th grader can do it.
- Free to join. But usually you have the option to upgrade to a paid membership to be entitled of full benefits. Free members will just wait for leftovers to be spilled to them. Kidding aside, free members usually have limited ads to click.
- No website needed. You don’t need a website here but if you want to increase your referrals you may set up your own PTC referral site. Then maybe you can put your Entrecard widget on it. 🙂
- You can do it on your free time. But don’t expect to see a quick dollar in your account. Only pennies maybe.
- Not a get-rich-quick program. But it can be time wasting. Most PTC sites states that their program is not a “get-rich-quick scam” but most often this is just a marketing tactic of appealing to the more skeptical people.
So what are the disadvantages?
Here are some truths that paid-to-click promoters and advertisers didn’t tell me (of course they won’t):
- Scam infested. While there are indeed honest and paying PTC sites, it can’t be denied that this industry is infested with scams. Sometimes a paying program today may stop paying tomorrow. Worst yet, when after months of hard work and finally reaching pay-out, the program suddenly disappears. What a waste.
- High Minimum Pay-out. With only $0.01 per click, or the worst $0.0001, and an average of 10 ads per day, it is dim to reach a minimum pay-out of $10 in 3 months. Maybe you can if you religiously perform your clicking sessions everyday. Man, I can’t do that!
- Needs lots of referral. The only way you can quickly reach the required pay-out amount is by recruiting lots of people. If you don’t, it will take months to reach your first pay-out. That is if the site will be still alive and kicking.
- Not worth the time and effort. Although the program is free, you are actually earning only cents for the precious time and effort you invest. You can earn more if that time is invested in other ways.
- Time consuming. A 30 second timer may actually take longer especially if you have a slow PC and slow internet connection. Not to mention the pc bugs plus the bugs in your mind.
- Boring. The usual hype is “get paid to surf the sites you love” but I was never interested with all the sites I’ve seen. I always feel tired and sleepy every time I perform a clicking session. I even spilled my coffee one time because of drowsiness.
- Clogs your email with tons of garbage. This is true especially with paid-to-read email programs. When joining GPT programs, I suggest that you create separate Yahoo email or Google mail account intended for them. Don’t use your personal email account. If you do, you’ll regret it later.
- Unstable business. The good and paying PTC program today may become a scam tomorrow.
Well, I am not saying that you can’t earn money with PTC’s and other GPT programs. You can if you really work hard and never give up as some positive thinking people would love to say. However, there is something identical with being overly positive and simply being dumb by not realizing what works and what’s not.