Blogging is indeed a very creative way of making money. It is not very […]
Writing Content for Your Blog
Almost every rule that applies for newsletter apply to writing at blogs as well, but there are surely some differences which you must keep in mind. Remember the 10 tips mentioned below and you would be getting good content for your make money blog which would attract a lot of clients in your niche market.
- Keep the reader in mind while writing: The marketing jargon WIIFM [What’s in it for me?] should always be adhered to. No one will be interested in reading any article unless there is something for them [the readers as a whole] as well, so keep them in mind while writing articles.
- Make the blog worthwhile: Avoid wasting people’s time by beating around the bush. If you have nothing concrete to say, then leave it to other people who might have something to add. So you could share articles written by them, or review something.
- Proofreading: Respect your readers by subjecting them to articles which have no spelling error or grammatical errors. The ones with bad grammar and/or spelling mistakes gives the reader an impression that the writer is not serious about what he is trying to say, and to add to it, they are a big put-off.
- Short articles: Most people just glance through an article. You may have lots of interesting stuff to say, but people online are always short of time, so write only the important bits that you wish to focus the reader’s attention to.
- Make the article lively: Ensure that the article you write is very lively, and not boring. Even if you are not a very good writer, writing such articles for your blog should not be a problem. When in doubt, just consider that it’s not a blog – you are simply speaking to a friend. Having said that, don’t go so overboard on this bit that the article is full of unnecessary portions.
- Make linking a habit: Linking builds on your credibility and people consider you to be an expert in the field. Also, linking to other websites or blogs would also help you tremendously in networking and you will invariably have people who would link back your blog in their website or blog as well.
- Use keywords: Using keywords as often as possible would help you stay on track, and the search engines would respect that by giving your blog a good ranking. This is the prime reason why it becomes important to write down a purpose statement prior to beginning your blog. If you are clear about your purpose, you will deliver messages even more consistently. This would mean that your search engine results would improve as well.
- Write clearly: Write short and meaningful sentences. Long séances are difficult to comprehend so avoid them.
- Personality: Write just the way your personality is, and the way you would communicate while speaking.
- Keywords in blog post titles: For search engine optimization (SEO) purpose, this is a must. Most software for blogging use the post title as the URL so you must use them.
Optimize the blog category: While creating blog categories, as said, ensure that you make use of the keywords in the title as well. Also, while posting, ensure that you default to the general relevant category, irrespective of what the post is all about. In fact, try using multiple categories for each post, as appropriate. This would give you a SEO-friendly URL for each of your post.
Syndicate the blog: Subscribing to your blog should be easy for people. You could sign up with Feedburner for free and create a syndicated area on the website.
Opt for RSS: About 10-40% of the traffic on your blog could normally come from individuals who prefer reading blogs from their email. So try getting them to read your blog posts as well. You could do this by offering email services to the readers of your blog.
Ping search engines: This bit can easily be configured with any blog software like WordPress or Movable Type for automatic working. In case you are using Blogger.com, this can also be done manually if you use Pingoat.com or Pingomatic.com, among others.
Be active on other blogs: Be active in commenting on blog posts of others as well. Instead of using keywords where you should enter your name, just use the name of the blog, or simply, your own name.
Submit the blog directories: Make sure that you submit the blog to regular directories like Google Blog Search, GoGuides, etc. which have special categories for blogs in specific.
Pick up the hot keywords soon: Prior to placing ads on your blogs, ensure that the ad does not hamper your keyword density, which is a very important factor. A good tool for improving your traffic for great keywords is Keyword Elite.
Make use of track backs: If there is a given blog which you make a reference to, or which is very relevant to what you are speaking about, leave a track back. It will increase the popularity of your link as well, and some readers from their site will check out your blog as well. Track back is normally used in blogs to show other blogs that make a reference to it, so a track back would benefit your blog as well.
If you’re looking for a unique content for your niche blogs, use spin ready articles.